One of the oldest models of making money through blogging is via Google adsense.
Now most of the wordpress users that I know of want to earn from adsense.
Because, lets face it; your biggest reason for starting a blog is to earn through it.
The question is, how do you connect your site to adsense and start seeing dollars rolling into your account.
Well, I look at that in this post.
Connecting Google Adsense to Your WordPress Site
Google adsense is nothing but an ad network that places ads from advertisers on your blog for money.
Google will be paid by the advertisers and share the revenue with you the blogger.
Google Adsense Requirements for Bloggers
So how are you able to get accepted by Adsense so as to start earning.
Well it is pretty simple.
As long as you are getting good traffic, are compliant to their Adsense rules then you are good to go.
Though it is not stated anywhere, I think you need a minimum of 100 views per day on your blog before you can make some good earnings from adsense. The good thing is that you can add as many sites to your adsense account and the cumulative earnings from the sites could see you reaching the minimum payout threshold.
I have also read from a number of reputable blogs that you need to have a contact us and about us page so that your readers can trust the site.
The language on your blog should be friendly. Do not post violence or x -rated (adult) content.
Step by step process to getting into Google Adsense as a Blogger
- Go to Adsense and sign up by clicking on get started.
- Make sure you are only logged into one google account.
- They will then want you to provide your email address, your website domain and ask you whether you want customized help from the ad network.
- Go ahead and provide your personal details including your mailing address(The mailing address has to be correct since a 6 digit PIN will be sent so that you can verify payment location)
To add the code to your site, login to the wordpress dashboard and proceed to click on Appearance-Theme Editor
Go ahead and update the header.php file and you are ready to go.
- Add an ads.txt manager plugin to give access only to Adsense to add ads on your site. Failure to this could lead to you receiving ads from other malicious people
- Use your preferred ad layouts. On my part, I use auto ads which I know to be a lazy thing. Maybe I need to optimize my ad placements for better earnings
- Get at least 10 euros to have location PIN sent
- Verify the 6 digit PIN.
- Reach payout which is 70 euros
- Choose a payment platform of your choice which could be: Western Union, Check or Wire Transfer. In my case use western Union
- Earn and enjoy
Google Adsense Alternatives
Other than adsense there are other popular alternatives for big bloggers who have a higher traffic.
They include ezoic which you join when you have at least 10000 sessions per month. You can find more at my review here. While you are able to earn more from ezoic, you will find that it lowers your site speed.
There is also mediavine which you can only join when you have at least 25000 sessions per month.
You can also join adthrive if you are receiving more than 100k visitors per month.