Woo Hoo, I Finally Made $1000 through my Amazon Affiliate Blog!
Woo hoo, I finally made $1000 from my amazon affiliate niche site!
This happened in December 2019 as people bought holiday gifts for each other through my affiliate links.
And this made my Christmas!
It would be important to note that the blog was on autopilot.
From December 1st to 11th, I was at my 9 to 5 job and therefore did little to the blog.
From December 13th, I was in hospital after I sustained injuries in a road accident. So there were no activities that I was involved in other than checking the daily traffic and earnings.
It was truly on autopilot!
But I still made my $1000 passive income which was my dream goal the whole of 2019.
Genius link was really instrumental
You will note that some of the earnings came from Amazon Canada and Amazon UK. This is because I have localized links such that when you click on my affiliate links while you are in Canada, you will be taken to the amazon Canada store since it is the one near you.
I do this with genius link which is seamless and easy to use. Since I started using Genius link, I have seen over $50 increase in revenue.
Ezoic too played a role
Other than Amazon earnings, the blog was also able to close the month at $244 from Ezoic ad revenue. So in total, I made $1348 from the blog. Ezoic is a technology tool that uses machine learning to place my ads at optimal position so as to increase my ad impressions and revenue.
Though it makes the site slow, I do not regret using it since I would not have gotten this extra $244.
Blog age and traffic
Age of the blog and url
For security reasons, I cannot reveal the url of the blog lest I start getting hack attempts or competition from other people.
At the moment, the blog is just 3 months shy from 2 years. It has really changed my life and how I view things. My mindset has improved and I now believe that when I focus on something, give it my all, things are going to get better or I am going to gain immense knowledge from the experience. And I hope that in 2020, things will be even better than they were in 2019.
Keyword Research and traffic
My traffic has mostly been organic from Google search engine. All my articles are KGR compliant and I really thank Doug Cunnington for his awesome videos where he explains how to easily rank for low traffic, low competition keywords. I receive an average of 15k to 26K visitors per month.
Towards the end of the year, I tried out pinterest traffic and even went ahead to sign up with tailwind which schedules posts on Pinterest. I however did not give myself time to learn how Pinterest works and so things did not pick up. In 2020 though, I plan to learn how Tailwind and Pinterest works so as to leverage on the traffic they provide.
My backlinks strategy involved finding an expired domain that I redirected to the main blog, blog comments, pbn as well as white hat guest posts on niche related websites.
5 Key takeaways
- If other people are doing it, you too can do it if only you change your mindset. I started the niche site after reading inspiring success stories on Niche pursuits by Spencer Haws as well as Human Proof Designs by Dom Wells.
- Adopt a strategy to success. I read the book The Miracle Equation by Hal Elrod and decided to use his mantra. Hal says that success is nothing but a product of unwavering faith and extraordinary effort. That has really worked awesomely to my success story.
- Things are never going to be easy. But even if they do not work, learn from the process and start again. I had a men’s health blog in 2017 but it was hit by the popular medic update. I decided to learn from the process and start another site. Now see, I am rejoicing in my toils.
- Replicate the success. This year, I plan to start other two amazon affiliate niche sites and push them to success just like I did with this blog. This is because I have found Amazon Associates program to be a legit way to earn online.
- Impact others when you succeed. One of the resolutions that I have made in 2020 is to help other people learn and earn through blogging. And that is why I am here blogging my success story.[/su_note]