Ezoic review 2020 update
One year ago, I penned this review and talked of how ezoic was good in increasing my ad income.
Today though, things are different.
I actually quit ezoic two weeks ago.
Why? They currently have low RPM and also slowed my site speed so much.
Their ezoic premium program is ridiculous since it is a pay to play model which I do not entertain.
And when they have slowed your site to death, they go ahead to sell you this site speed accelerator. Now who does that.
My advice is that do not sign up for the program.
Other bloggers such as John Dykstra who had given great reviews of ezoic are no longer using it.
I have gone back to adsense and though their rates are not that high, they do not slow your site speed. I look forward to joining mediavine in future.
My Ezoic review
If you have ever thought of increasing your online ad revenue, then ezoic is the one tool that you really need to think about. In this ezoic review, I give my personal opinion of how I found Ezoic, how to set it up as well as how it was able to multiply my ad revenue by a big margin.
Before using Ezoic, I tried out Google Adsense and indeed it was frustrating. There was no way I was going to make it to payout. Not when I was earning barely a dollar a day
But first, what is Ezoic?
Ezoic is a technological tool that optimizes your Google ads placement so that you can get a better RPM. It uses machine learning to do so.
Let’s get into the meat of the story.
It took me some time to get the hang of how ezoic works. I was there struggling to make it to payout with adsense and getting $7 a day and then I read this review by Spencer Haws of Nichepursuits and I took the plunge. Here are the ezoic requirements:
- That you site has at least 10,000 pageviews per month
- That your site has been approved by Google adsense
- If it has met the above two conditions and you are willing to try ad revenue, then try ezoic.
I was a little bit hesitant to start ezoic since my site is an amazon niche site where I earn from their associates program. I thought that placing ads would put off my readers meaning that I would be seeing high bounce rates and less number of clicks to amazon.com but I was so wrong.
Nothing like that happened. However, I saw a considerable decline in my page speeds.
But the revenue was good once they were able to know the hang of my readers.
How to set up Ezoic
Now here is where I give a disclaimer. I did not install Ezoic ads on my own. It is quite a long and arduous process and I personally had to ask for help from their support staff who were incredibly amazing in how they guided and indeed installed everything for me.
But before you email them, you need to do the following
- Sign up to ezoic here and provide all the required details
- Intergrate your site with ezoic. This can be done in three ways. 1. Change of nameservers so that your site dns points to Ezoic. They recommend this because they will be able to control the ads quicker on your site without interfering with your content. They also assure you of high site speed when the nameservers are pointed to them.
- The other option is installing the Ezoic plugin on your wordpres site which is what I did. It is simple. All you need to do is go to the plugins tab and add new plugin. Search for ezoic, install and activate.
- The other option which is least recommended is using the Ezoic HTML script on your site. They say this could really slow down your site speed
- Make sure that you have applied for Google adsense and get approved
- Share your site Read and Analyze Google analytics with Ezoic. They have detailed how to do this here.
- Analyze your site big data report where you get to know the demographics, which content is performing better than the other.
- The revenue comparison between ezoic and Adsense is incredible. Your ad revenue is sure to soar up. It will be over the roof once you do everything that is required i.e. write longer posts that hooks your audience and answers their questions.
- Ezoic is a great and legit way to make money online without investment. All that is needed is traffiv to your blog.
- Setting up Ezoic is quite a rigorous process. You will need an ezoic support staff to help you with it. I personally tried to do it myself and went ahead to insert the Ezoic plugin on my wordpress site, tried to wrap up my adsense ads with the ezoic html, tried to insert the ads.txt manager but the whole thing was indeed a rollercoaster. I found myself tiring of it and was about to hang in the boot when one of their support Yousaf (yhussain at ezoic dot com) came to my rescue and did it for me remotely. And then voila, the ads started showing and sooner than later, I was receiving some revenue from my efforts.
- Ezoic will definitely slow your site speed. And it could get so bad that you might have to install some speed accelerators such as WP Rocket or other plugins to compress images, minify your html or bring in lazy loading of your images.
Comparing Google adsense vs Ezoic
I like saying this; comparing Ezoic earnings vs Adsense is like comparing death and sleep. They are incomparable! While I was earning a measly 0.2 euros with Adsense, Ezoic multiplied that to about $7. That is amazing, right!
Comparing Ezoic vs Mediavine
Though I have never tried out Mediavine, I have friends who are using it for marketing their ad space. And judging from their RPM, Mediavine is way better than Ezoic. However, you will need to have over 25,000 sessions per month to be accepted. And that is not all, their advertisers may reject your site for no good reason as they did with me.
With Ezoic, you only need to have 10,000 sessions per month, be approved by Google adsense and you are good to go. I have never heard of anyone who was rejected by them.
Since installing ezoic slows down your site, you might want to use ezoic site accelerator.
And when using the program and are found to attract high number of visitors, they might as well invite you to try out the ezoic premium.